Growing Better Together
We would like to announce that the Doctors and Staff of Bedford House, Chapel Street and Tame Valley Medical Centres are planning to join forces, to create a bigger Medical Centre, which we feel will serve our Local Community better.
Please note that this has already happened in 2 other locations in Tameside in the last year or so.
No Staff are to lose their jobs or have their hours reduced as a result.
- A wider choice of Doctors and Nurses etc. (but you would still be able to see your current Doctor)
- A bigger Practice would make it easier for us to employ highly skilled Nurse Practitioners and Pharmacists, to take some of the work off the Doctors, and in turn allow them to see more patients
- Improved Practice Premises and better access between the individual buildings
- Our Managers could work more efficiently, and so be able run a better Practice
- Learn from each other about the best way to run our Practice
- Enable us to attract new services into the Practice
- Protect any Practice from closing or being run by the Private Sector when Doctors retire
- Ensure the continuation of your local Medical Centre for years and generations to come in these difficult times for the NHS
What would this mean for me?
- A better Medical Centre comprising 2 nearby buildings on Chapel Street and Glebe Street;
- You could still see the same Doctor, but have the choice of a wider range of Doctors;
- Improved access to other services;
- Book appointments on-line or by phoning a single number (with more lines available);
- Your Medical Records would be available for appointments in any of the premises.
We want to hear your opinion and ideas, to allow our proposed new Practice to serve our Local Community to the best of our ability.
There will be an anonymous Patient Survey from 17th August until 12th October. This has been developed in association with the Patient Participation Groups from all of the 3 Practices. Please help us by performing a short survey on-line at www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TXXFYGN, or pick up a leaflet in our reception
The results will be published on the individual Practice web-sites and in the Waiting Rooms in November 2017.
Thank-you for your help at this exciting time
The Doctors and Staff of Bedford House, Chapel Street and Tame Valley Medical Centres